Probate Attorney / Trust Administration Attorney
Losing a loved one is difficult. Coping with the loss and addressing a loved one’s legal affairs can be overwhelming. rb LEGAL will guide you through every step of the probate or trust administration process.
Trust administration can be confusing and complex. Probate can be a frustrating and confusing legal process. Each situation is unique. Sometimes there is a Will. Sometimes the Will is old and does not reflect the desires or current life circumstances of the person who passed away. Sometimes the emotional turmoil and grief at the loss of a loved one causes conflict among family members. Our probate lawyers and staff are sensitive to these situations and common issues on probate cases. Our goal is to promote family harmony whenever possible as we ensure that assets are distributed as required by law.
Typical steps in the Probate process:
- Determining what type of probate process is appropriate
- Initiating the probate filing with the county
- Securing the appointment of a personal representative
- Assisting with the collection of assets
- Selling the decedent’s real estate
- Handling and negotiating debts and claims
- Preparing accountings
- Handling trusts and working with accountants, financial advisors and other professionals throughout the administrative process.